Importacular allows you to easily bring data into Raiser's Edge from OneCause.
- Completely customizable mapping
- Completely customizable matching criteria
- Import into Bio 1, Bio 2 and Gift for free
What data can I import?
You will be able to select your export file, and from that import biographical, address, and gift information. There is a default template set-up to help you get started. Take a look at the Importacular mapping guide to get set-up.
How to download your data from OneCause
Simply login to your OneCause Planner, go to Reports > View Reports > Exports > here you can find all your usual reports as well as the new, and most commonly used, Raiser's Edge - All Transactions Export. Simply download whichever Raiser's Edge report you need to get started with the import into Raiser's Edge.
- Register for Importacular: When you first start with the Importacular plugin, you'll use these credentials
- Importacular User Guide: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This document contains nearly everything you need to know about Importacular set up and modifications, and is important to review to ensure the settings match the needs of your specific configurations in Raiser's Edge.
- Video Tutorials
- FAQs from Importacular
- Importacular Mapping Guide
Before beginning with Importacular or any of our other Raiser's Edge exports, be sure to read the Raiser's Edge Integration and Tips and Tricks sections of this article to ensure you best end results: Raiser's Edge & Other CRM Integration
Tip! Start by importing your Supporters from Raiser's Edge to your Planner, including their Constituent ID into the CRM ID field, before you begin selling tickets or open your auction. By starting with your existing Raiser's Edge data, you'll simply be importing your already good data back into Raiser's Edge with the gift information from Planner! If you don't do this, no worries! Importacular will still catch any possible duplicates for you to address before committing to the upload back into Raiser's Edge.
Frequently Asked Questions from Customers:
Q: Which Raiser's Edge tabs are free to use with Importacular?
The Gifts, Address, and Constituents tabs are free to use with Importacular. Other tabs such as Events or Attendance would have a per module price, which can be obtained from Zeidman Development.
Q: Is Importacular compatible with Raiser's Edge NXT?
Q: How do you create the Control Report?
The Control Report is automatically available to you in the Reports area of your Planner software. No need for you to create anything from scratch!
Q: Is the Supporter record in Planner the same as the Constituent record in Raiser's Edge?
Yes, Supporter records maps directly to the Constituent record in RE on a 1:1 basis. Importacular helps identify duplicate records to prevent you from creating new constituents when that person already exists in RE.
Q: Why does it sometimes look like duplicate records are being added to Importacular from my Planner data?
Your Planner data is broken down into single line items for each transaction by a Supporter. So, for example, if Cory gave 2 gifts then there would be 2 line items for Cory on the import. If Cory was being newly added to RE, the first line item in Importacular will be a Create action. Importacular recognizes the second line item as the same person as the record being created above it (grid match), so it'll show as an Update action. What you are seeing with these two (or more) line items are the creation of a constituent and the immediate update of that constituent with an additional gift. Reviewing 4:40 to 5:27 in the video above is a good place to go back and watch again for this question.
Q: What is the difference between a Grid Match and an Exact Match?
A grid match is a match found within the incoming data itself. If a supporter shows two or more line items on your import, these will be grid matches.
An exact match is when Importacular matches a record from the incoming Planner data to a constituent record that already exists in your Raiser's Edge data. Rather than creating a new record, Importacular will use the incoming data to update your existing record.
Q: Why are my Supporters/Constituents updating but not my Gifts?
In order for Gifts to be pulled through, a Fund must be specified. There are two ways to specify your Fund:
- Add it via your Planner before you export: Before you export your Planner data, you can manually type the default fund value into the Fund field. When you map your Fund field in Importacular over to Raiser's Edge, this default value will be read and entered into your correct RE Fund.
- Select a Default value directly in Importacular, as shown in the video above at the 3:53 minute mark. Note that you should not choose a default value in Importacular AND map a field next to it. If you have both, Importacular will default to the mapped field, which could be blank if you do not choose to go with option 1 here. If choosing your default value from your Raiser's Edge options, do not map a field to the left of that option.
For more information about Importacular, feel free to visit the specific page of Zeidman Development's site: Importacular