Fixed Price packages are purchased outright for a predetermined price in the Giving Center or during the event on mobile bidding devices. You set the price and quantity available, and guests start buying! This auction type is ideal for things like raffles, wine pulls, sign-up or class parties, floral centerpieces, or school cookbooks.
HOW IT LOOKS
HOW TO ADD/EDIT
Log into myBidPal Planner and navigate to Packages > Manage Packages.
Click Add to create a new package or click on a package in the Package List to edit an existing package.
On the Package Edit page, populate the following fields on the General tab:
|Number||Unique numeric identifier for the package|
|Name||Name or brief title of the package|
|Photo||Photo of the package. Click Choose File or navigate to Packages > Import Photos to bulk upload.|
|Description||Detailed information about the package, including any notes or restrictions
|Donor||Name(s) of the person and/or company who donated the package to the auction. If you are using myBidPal Planner Pro for item management, this field will be auto-populated with donors of any items that are included in the package. However, you can customize this field by selecting Use Custom Donor Text, and entering text.|
|Apply Sales Tax||Check the box if sales tax should be charged for this package. Tax rate is entered on Setup > Preferences > Organization tab.|
|Notes||Enter any additional information you want to track; for internal use only|
|User-Defined 1||Custom field that may be used if you buy a custom report or custom scoreboard|
|User-Defined 2||Custom field that may be used if you buy a custom report or custom scoreboard|
|Auction Mode||Type of auction; select Fixed Price|
|Value||Approximate fair-market cost of the package|
|Priceless||Check the box if the package's fair-market value is hard to approximate or if you'd prefer not to display it on mobile bidding devices or tent cards|
|# Available for Sale||Choose Single if you're selling one of the package or Multiple if you're selling more than one|
|Price||The cost to purchase the package. Only visible if selling a single package.|
|Quantity (# Available)||The number of packages available for sale. Only visible if selling multiple.|
|Display Attendee List||Check the box if you'd like guests to be able to see who else has purchased this package. It is recommended for sign-up or class parties. Only visible if selling multiple.|
|Buttons 1-5||Enter up to 5 buying options that appear as custom buttons. For example, 1 ticket for $100, 2 tickets for $150. See mobile bidding device screenshot above. Only visible if selling multiple.
|Other Allowed||Check this box to display an "Other" button that allows guests to enter any number for the quantity they wish to purchase. If using, you only get up to 4 custom buttons. Only visible if selling multiple.|
|Consignment Pkg.||Check the box if the package is owned by a consignor who must be paid if the package sells|
|Consignment Price||The amount paid to the consignor if the package sells|
Make sure that the following fields are set correctly on the Visibility tab:
|Show in Giving Center||Check the box to make the package visible in the Giving Center|
|Featured in Giving Center||Check the box to include the package in the scrolling "Featured Items" panel on the Giving Center home screen|
|Enable Online Bidding||Check the box to enable purchasing of the package in the Giving Center, pre-event or post-event|
|Show on Scoreboard||Check the box if you'd like to make the package visible on scoreboards|
|Show in Printed Catalog||Check the box to include the package in the printed auction catalog reports (Reports > View Reports > Items and Packages)|
|Override Auction Times||Leave unchecked if purchasing of the package should start and end with all other Fixed Price packages (default). Check the box to specify alternate start and end times.|
|Package Start Time||If overriding auction times, set when the package will first be available for purchase|
|Package End Time||If overriding auction times, set when the purchasing window for the package will close|
When finished, click Save to return to the Package List, Save & New to enter a new package, Save & Next to see the next package already in the system, Clone to create an identical package, or Cancel to discard changes.
- View data best practices for general package recommendations.
- Consider devoting a Home screen button on mobile bidding devices to all Fixed Price packages or to a single package (ex. Raffle Tickets). View how to set up user interface.
Common fixed price packages at your event:
- Wine pull: Guests purchase a bottle for $25 and get a random bottle of wine that may be worth $10 or $250.
- Raffle tickets: Guests purchase tickets using BidPal and are entered in a drawing to win a prize (cash, auction item, trip, etc.).
- Selling Raffle tickets? Print the Fixed Price Tickets report and cut raffle tickets and pull the winner from a hat.
- Sign up parties: Guests purchase spots to special events, such as a dinner party or concert outing. The number of available spots can be limited per package. View how to set up sign-up parties.
- Heads or Tails: Guests buy a chance on BidPal to participate in a game. Players stand and pick heads or tails. When the emcee flips a coin, players who guessed correctly remain standing while everyone else sits down. This repeats until there is only 1 winner.
Common fixed price packages pre-event on your Giving Center:
- Sponsorships that don't include tickets (such as Ad Sales)
- Merchandise such as T-shirts
- For merchandise like T-shirts, you must set up a separate package for each size. For example, one package would be "T-Shirt (Small)", one would be "T-shirt (Medium)", and so on. Do not attempt to use the custom buttons to sell multiple sizes under the same package; BidPal only tracks the quantity selected, so you will not be able to track which sizes were purchased if you do so.