Emailed receipts are automatically generated in the following cases (when a guest submits an immediate payment via your fundraiser):
- Ticket purchases (NOTE: Ticket purchases generate a separate emailed receipt - click here to learn how to customize ticketing receipts!)
- Donations & purchases completed while "Require Payment upon Purchase" is enabled
Emailed receipts are not automatically generated in the following cases:
- Silent winnings
- Donations & purchases completed while "Require Payment upon Purchase" is disabled
Guests who have added a preferred card or otherwise paid their balance in full can email themselves a receipt at any time by clicking "Email This Receipt" from the Receipt tab within their profile.
After your event or campaign, you may also wish to send or re-send email receipts to your supporters in bulk via Planner (make sure to process any Pending Transactions first!).
Follow the steps below to create a custom message for your emailed receipts and learn how to mass email receipts in Planner!
HOW TO SET UP:
Video Tutorial: Set up Custom Message
Navigate to Setup > Messages > Email Receipt tab.
Enter your custom message in the text box. You may want to thank guests for their support or let them know about the success of your event or campaign. You can also include instructions on how to pick up remaining items or send payment if a balance is due.
Tip! This field allows the use of the following basic HTML formatting tags: <b> (bold text), <i> (italicized text), <u> (underlined text), <p> (paragraph), <br /> (line break), <ul> (bulleted list), <ol> (numbered list), <li> (list item), <a href> (hyperlink).
Click Save to update the custom message for later use or Send Now to email receipts immediately.
Choose your recipients. You may opt to send email receipts to:
- All supporters with purchases or payments
- Any supporters with purchases or payments who match ALL OF the criteria you've selected from the following list:
- Are an attendee
- Are assigned a ticket
- Are checked in
- Have an outstanding balance
- Only supporters with purchases or payments that you individually select
NOTE: Recipients must have an email address on file and have made purchases or payments to receive an email receipt. If selecting a filter, recipients must match ALL selected filters. You will be able to review which supporters currently match your recipient criteria before sending.
Review your current message and the list of recipients who will and will not receive email receipts. Click Confirm to send now.
Tip! You may also email receipts from individual supporter records using the Email Receipt button on Supporter Edit > Purchases & Payments tab.
HOW IT LOOKS